Safari extension takes AGES to load

pwopp
pwopp
Community Member
edited September 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Clicking on the Safari extension to open 1Password takes AGES to load.

The second issue is that the "focus" doesn't move to the 1Password window, and one has to click init first before you can type anything.

I made videos of both issues but cannot seem to load it here.

1Password Version: 8.2.2-39.beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac Monterey

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pwopp!

I made videos of both issues but cannot seem to load it here.

Are you able to upload them somewhere and share the link here?

• pwopp
    pwopp
    Community Member

Here is the link:
    https://we.tl/t-ufs7mwFGeK

• @pwopp

If you open 1Password an go to Preferences > Browser, is "Connect with 1Password in the browser" enabled there?

If you right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, choose Settings and toggle "Integrate with 1Password" off and on again under General, does that improve your state of play?

If not, to help us pin down the error, I'd like to ask you to grab a console log from your browser and send it to us at support+x@1password.com with a link to our current discussion: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/

Let me know how it goes.

• pwopp
    pwopp
    Community Member

The first one was enabled.

Toggling the second one on and off made no difference.

I use Safari, and I don't see an option on your link of how to get a console log.

• My apologies @pwopp

Can you try the following steps instead?

1. Open Safari.
    2. Choose "Safari > "Preferences" > "Advanced" in the menu bar.
    3. Click "Show Develop menu in menu bar".
    4. Choose "Develop > Web Extension Background Pages > 1Password for Safari".
    5. Press Command + A to select everything, and then right click, "Save as" to generate a file.

I'd also appreciate it if you could grab some diagnostics from 1Password 8 under Preferences > Advanced > Send Diagnostics. Be sure to include both in your email to us. We'll have a look and let you know what we find.

• pwopp
    pwopp
    Community Member

I don't see an option to save right-clicking on that window. I captured some screenshots that I will send to you.

• pwopp
    pwopp
    Community Member

Files and screenshots send

• @pwopp - I was able to find your email. Thanks! :+1:

ref: YTD-73911-234

• pwopp
    pwopp
    Community Member

Hi,
    Here is the link to the saved console file, and screenshot.

https://we.tl/t-lwynPfkpSu

• @pwopp

It looks like we are awaiting a reply from you on your email submission. Please continue the discussion there to prevent duplication of efforts. Thanks.

• pwopp
    pwopp
    Community Member

What do you mean

• If you are still having issues, my colleague Chantelle replied to you earlier. It looks like on the 14th prior to your last post here. Just a reminder and that we are ready to continue the conversation via email.

This discussion has been closed.