How to get the auto-populate to work when Messages app gets a one time verification code

tocchet22
tocchet22
Community Member

It gets frustrating to have to manually input one time verification codes that come in through my Messages app on my mac. On my ipad and iphone, it brings up the code automatically and fills it in on the website. 1Password unless disabled prevents these codes from being populated or detected from my Messages app. Is there some sort of setting to allow Messages to continue talking to my browser (Chrome, Safari, etc) so that it can perform the same convenient behavior as it does in iOS?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: #70807004
OS Version: Catalina

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2021

Hi @tocchet22!

1Password unless disabled prevents these codes from being populated or detected from my Messages app.

I personally do not use 2FA via SMS for security reasons so I cannot test this, but do you know for sure that 1Password is preventing Messages to paste your codes on websites? What is happening exactly when you receive a code, for example?

• @tocchet22

There are a few options available.

1. Disable the inline menu completely. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari, uncheck the option for "Show inline menu in Safari". This will cause 1Password to behave as it previously did before the inline menu.

2. Disable the automatic inline menu popup. I use this on my Macs. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari - uncheck the option for "Automatically show the inline menu when selecting a field." Now, whenever you want to access the inline menu, you will need to click the 1Password icon in the field. This also allows me to receive the 2FA codes.

3. Temporarily hide the prompt until the browser is restarted or until you right-click the page and select show 1Password. When the inline menu is shown, click on "Suggestions" and select hide on this page. This is useful if you want the inline menu on other pages.

This discussion has been closed.