How To: Create a Login for a multi-page login process like Bank of America

Grunt_at_the_Point
Grunt_at_the_Point
Community Member
edited March 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

A brief background, I initially set up 1Password for my financial institution. The institution has a three step login procedure. No problem for a while. Then, I changed the password for the second step of the procedure and I could not login using 1Password. The other two steps works fine. What happens is if I use 1Password to login I am denied. But, if I manually enter the password I am able to login. I checked and made certain both the password I used to login manually is the same used with 1Password. I also deleted and re-entered the information with no success. Any ideas?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

What is the URL? I'd love to take a closer look. :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! I actually have a couple accounts at Bank of America and log in to their site fairly regularly, so I'm sure we can get it working as well for you as it is for me. :)

Here is the method for saving a Login manually via the 1Password extension:

1. Enter your credentials ("Online ID") on the first page of the login process, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    3. Enter your password in the "password" field and optionally change the title and make any notes if desired.

4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Step 3 is important. Since the password field is not on the same page, you will need to manually add it to the Login item as shown in the screenshot. That is how I created my Bank of America Login that I use every day. Please let me know how it goes for you.

This discussion has been closed.