1P Chrome extension for Opera on Macbook Pro 2020 M1

Options
passwordslinger
passwordslinger
Community Member
edited September 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Trying to install Chrome extension in Opera (M1 version) on new Macbook Pro 13" 2020 M1. Download is throwing an error message saying the download is already in progress. Have restarted both the Mac and Chrome and cleared the cache. No love

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8.6 (70806000) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macos 11.4
Referrer: forum-search:opera extension Macbook Pro m1

Comments

• passwordslinger
    passwordslinger
    Community Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

or it hangs on this "Checking"

• passwordslinger
    passwordslinger
    Community Member
    Options

This is the error

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @passwordslinger!

Do you see the 1Password extension if you open the Chrome menu (the three vertical dots at the top right of the Chrome window) > More Tools > Extensions page?

• passwordslinger
    passwordslinger
    Community Member
    Options

I have it in Chrome...trying to install in Opera

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@passwordslinger:

My apologies, I meant in the Extension menu in Opera, not Chrome. I am curious to know if it appears there already, despite what the message says.

Also, can you confirm what version of Opera this is happening with?

• passwordslinger
    passwordslinger
    Community Member
    Options

Opera Version:79.0.4143.22 (arm64)

And I do have Install Chrome Extensions v2.5.9 extension installed. Is there an issue with the arm64 version on this

• passwordslinger
    passwordslinger
    Community Member
    Options

Only extensions that appear are Install Chrome Extensions and the native Ad Blocker

• @passwordslinger

When you go to opera://extensions in your browser, do you see 1Password listed and enabled there?

• passwordslinger
    passwordslinger
    Community Member
    Options

No

• @passwordslinger

That's strange. If you temporarily disable Opera Ad Blocker and try to install 1Password from here, does the issue persist?

• passwordslinger
    passwordslinger
    Community Member
    Options

HI. Ad blocker turned off. Getting the same error as above. Thinking I need to uninstall Opera completely and start over.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@passwordslinger:

Thinking I need to uninstall Opera completely and start over.

It might be worth a try, since it looks like something got stuck. Please let us know if this helped!

• passwordslinger
    passwordslinger
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! Did a clean install of Opera. No Ad Blocker. Installed. Tried without Install Chrome Extensions extension installed. No Love! Installed ICE and still no love. Initially get hung with the "Checking" status. When I reload the page and choose "Add to Opera" it throws the "An error has occurred" error above. Reload results in the same error

• @passwordslinger

I'm sorry to hear that you're still not having any luck. It might be useful for us to see what's happening on your machine. I'd like to ask you to grab a diagnostics report from your Mac and send it to us at support+x@1password.com, with a link to our current discussion. We'll have a look and let you know what we find.

• passwordslinger
    passwordslinger
    Community Member
    Options

Sent!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@passwordslinger:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: CZV-64867-991

This discussion has been closed.