New iOS extension shows empty vault contents

Options
Toast442
Toast442
Community Member

I enabled the new extension on my iPhone and opened it up to check it out. It asked for my master password and it successully unlocked. I can see my account listed if I try to change it, but it shows there are no vault contents. Even searching produces no results.

Strangely, I do get the new popups when logging into a site in my vault. For instance, if I load up github.com and login, I get the little popup underneath the login field with all my accounts listed (nice!). However, if I hit the little puzzle piece in the address bar and select 1Password, it shows "No suggestions found for github.com"

I've restarted the phone, logged in/out and nothing so far has worked.

Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Toast442!

This is certainly strange, and I have not been able to reproduce this in Safari yet. Are you able to post a screenshot that shows the URL bar, and the empty contents in the 1Password extension?

• Toast442
    Toast442
    Community Member
    Options

Sure thing:

• alexsns
    alexsns
    Community Member
    Options

Are you using a standalone vault? If the answer is yes, unfortunately you can’t use your vault with the new extension and you’ve lost many other features…probably you have a subscription and your cloud vault is empty as well…you can follow this topic:
    https://1password.community/discussion/123513/1password-for-safari-does-not-work-with-standalone-vaults-ios-password-autofill-is-available#latest

• Toast442
    Toast442
    Community Member
    Options

No standlone vaults - all cloud based with an active 1Password family account. Should the vaults be listed in the dropdown you get when you click on the colored circle? I see my account there along with an "all accounts" item, but no vaults.

• Toast442
    Toast442
    Community Member
    Options

And it gets stranger - I can use the extension to create a new password for a site, select the vault to put it in etc., and it does indeed save it to the right place (verified on another cloud-connected device.) But that same password the extension just saved can't be found by searching or as a suggestion using the extension.

WIth the share sheet gone and this bug, it makes 1Password a pain to use day to day.

• Toast442
    Toast442
    Community Member
    Options

And @ag_ana - one more data point: When I added a dummy eval account to take a screen shot for this other bug, I noticed that I was able to see the contents of the new account's vault in the extension. I can switch to that account in the extension, and I can search for items. However, if I try to switch back to my real account, it moves the checkmark ok, but it's still searching and returning items from the new dummy account.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Toast442:

Thank you for all the additional information! I have not been able to reproduce this on my device yet, but I see that you have also reached out to us via email about this, and are currently discussing this over there. I will let you continue the discussion via email and I will keep an eye on it out of my own curiosity :)

ref: XYR-14278-595

This discussion has been closed.