Mrc converter suite issue

Options

Hello. I'm trying to convert my bitwarden json file to 1password using the tool https://1password.community/discussion/101693/moving-to-1password-from-another-password-manager

But I ran into an issue and I have no idea how to resolve it. I followed all instructions in the readme file, up until
perl convert.pl <options> <converter_name> <export_file>

My command looks like this
perl convert.pl -v bitwarden ..\bit.json

My file is callen "bit.json" and is on my desktop. I also tried writing the whole path to it without success, I'm stuck on this error no matter what I do:

Can't locate UUID/Tiny.pm in @INC (you may need to install the UUID::Tiny module) (@INC contains: C:/Users/sunda/OneDrive/Desktop/mrc-converter-suite/. C:/Users/sunda/OneDrive/Desktop/mrc-converter-suite/lib C:/Strawberry/perl/site/lib/MSWin32-x64-multi-thread C:/Strawberry/perl/site/lib C:/Strawberry/perl/vendor/lib C:/Strawberry/perl/lib) at C:/Users/sunda/OneDrive/Desktop/mrc-converter-suite/./Utils/PIF.pm line 17.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Users/sunda/OneDrive/Desktop/mrc-converter-suite/./Utils/PIF.pm line 17.
Compilation failed in require at convert.pl line 18.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at convert.pl line 18 (#1)
(F) You said to do (or require, or use) a file that couldn't be found.
Perl looks for the file in all the locations mentioned in @INC, unless
the file name included the full path to the file. Perhaps you need
to set the PERL5LIB or PERL5OPT environment variable to say where the
extra library is, or maybe the script needs to add the library name
to @INC. Or maybe you just misspelled the name of the file. See
"require" in perlfunc and lib.

Uncaught exception from user code:
Can't locate UUID/Tiny.pm in @INC (you may need to install the UUID::Tiny module) (@INC contains: C:/Users/sunda/OneDrive/Desktop/mrc-converter-suite/. C:/Users/sunda/OneDrive/Desktop/mrc-converter-suite/lib C:/Strawberry/perl/site/lib/MSWin32-x64-multi-thread C:/Strawberry/perl/site/lib C:/Strawberry/perl/vendor/lib C:/Strawberry/perl/lib) at C:/Users/sunda/OneDrive/Desktop/mrc-converter-suite/./Utils/PIF.pm line 17.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Users/sunda/OneDrive/Desktop/mrc-converter-suite/./Utils/PIF.pm line 17.
Compilation failed in require at convert.pl line 18.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at convert.pl line 18.

I did install strawberry perl and all the modules as requested:

C:\Users\sunda\OneDrive\Desktop\mrc-converter-suite>install_modules.bat
Looking for required perl modules...
---- App::cpanminus
---- Good

XML::XPath ----
Already installed

Bit::Vector ----
Already installed

Date::Calc ----
Already installed

Win32::Unicode::File ----
Already installed

Done installing required modules.

I'm on Win 11, which in theory should be ex the same as 10 for this purpose
I'd be happy if someone could advice on what I'm doing wrong here, thanks

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@Clares

The problem is occurring I believe because your Desktop folder is on OneDrive, and the converter may be having trouble finding the required modules when located there. Microsoft has recently been migrating user's special folders to OneDrive, and this has caused issues for many.

Try moving the converter suite folder (the mrc-converter-suite folder) directly to, say C:\, and do the cd command necessary to put the shell window into that working directory. It might be easier for you to also place the export json file also in C:, or if you are comfortable with using Windows paths, just give the converter the correct full path to where the JSON file exists.

• Clares
    Clares
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC
    Yeah that's what I thought too and tried both of those methods, without any luck.
    But I actually solved it before the post got approved by mods. I downloaded "UUID::Tiny", created a UUID folder and put the "Tiny" module in there. Worked like a charm. I'm not sure what might be the reason it didn't get installed like other modules, maybe worth looking into if this problem happens to anyone else

Also thanks for making this tool!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@Clares

UUID:Tiny is included with the converter suite - its in the lib folder. The issue is occurring because the routine to find the script's folder isn't working on OneDrive, so the Perl "library" path is not correct. Hence, lib\Tiny\UUID.pm is not found.

I'm creating a clone VM now where I will redirect the Desktop, Documents, etc. folders to OneDrive and see if I can replicate and then resolve.

Anyway, glad you got the issue resolved for your case.

Enjoy 1Password!

• Glad to see that you were able to resolve this @Clares, nice assist @MrC ! :)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

FYI @Clares

I’ve resolved this, but need to update the Docs before I post a new release.

Thanks for the nudge.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.