New safari extension - confused by authorization time and Face ID

Paco II
Paco II
Community Member

When trying to use the new safari extension, sometimes I see the Face ID icon, and other times I don’t and have to manually type my password. I am also not clear how this all ties into the authorization setting in the 1P app. I like new extension but why don’t I always get the Face ID button? I don’t like having to type my full password so often.

Comments

• Hi @Paco II:

The Safari extension uses a separate auto-lock timer to the 1Password app. Face ID should be available for you after you unlock 1Password in Safari after the auto-lock timer expires and you haven't restarted your device. There should be a Face ID icon to the right of the password box when 1Password in Safari is locked.

Cheers!

• Paco II
    Paco II
    Community Member

When you say auto lock timer, are you referring to the authorization setting in the 1P app?

In terms of the Face ID button, it was not available this morning. It was there yesterday and I have not restarted my phone.

• @Paco II, that's correct yes, the authorization setting.

Since it sounds like something isn't behaving quite right with Face ID, I think the next best step is a closer look under the hood at what's going on.

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.