My.1password and regenerating secret key.

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

This weekend I spent some time to try out some features
I am a beginner and hope you can help me out πŸ˜€
In another thread Jack already gave me some advice about 2fa and the secret key.

Regenerating secret key

I recently regenerated my secret key and had to fill my new secret key and old password into the app, in order to get in.
Even after inserting the right credentials the app warned me with a login error. I ignored. Is this a matter of syncing? After a while the app seems to be ok and no more login errors.

My1password login.
In order to regenerate a new secret key or enable/ disable 2fa you need to login. i login with my home device and log out
after each season. What happens If I forget to log out. Will I stay in or finally drop out? Can this be a potential danger or is the access be limited to my home device?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@F_9083x:

It looks like this is a duplicate of this other discussion. If you created two by mistake, are you ok closing this one and continuing the discussion in the other one?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_ana, this thread is related to the same subject in the other thread. The other thread can be closed after your reply concerning the 16 digit code and 2fa and the possible help from support.
    The unanswered questions above where about the regenerating key process and my struggle to get the new key to sync correctly the warnings/errors I received.

Other question was logging in on my home device and the potential β€œdanger” when you forget to log out.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@F_9083x:

Even after inserting the right credentials the app warned me with a login error. I ignored. Is this a matter of syncing? After a while the app seems to be ok and no more login errors.

We can look at the logs for you. Is this still happening on this device?

What happens If I forget to log out. Will I stay in or finally drop out? Can this be a potential danger or is the access be limited to my home device?

You are logged out automatically after 10 minutes. You are also logged out if you close the browser tab, or the browser itself, so you don't have to worry about this :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, the problem was just after regenerating the secret key. Everything is fine now.
    I remember I had to fill in my masterkey and that my old (previous) secret key was prefilled !?
    Difficult to recall what happened and how I solved it. It was somewhat confusing. I will try again one day and see If I can do it again without any error messages. Good to know you can support if necessary in the future with my logfiles πŸ‘Œ

• Glad to hear you've got everything working now @F_9083x.

If you need any help in the future, don't hesitate to ask! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.