How to select a given folder in Dropbox

Options

Hello,

I' using 1PW for Mac and 1PW for Win and 1PW of iDevice (both iPad & iPhone)
and i'm using a Dropbox synch

But I don't found any solution to select a given folder in dropbox (e.g. /Synchro/1PassWord/ )
It seems to me it is mandatory to store 1Password files in the Dropbox root

Is it rigth or there is a way to select a given folder ?

Best Regards

Bernard

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It is possible to set a custom folder depending on which specific versions of 1Password you are using, but it is best to just leave the data where 1Password places it. If you move it around we could end up needed to do a lot of troubleshooting to get it working for you which wouldn't be fun for you or us. :)

• bchabot
    bchabot
    Community Member
    Options

I do not plan to move directly the 1PW data from one given Dropbox folder to another, ... but can stop syncing, delete the current folder in Dropbox, the start again syncing by defining a brand new folder, located at a better place (i.e. not at root)
    Do you think it is a good way to do it ?
    What is the requirement about "depending on which specifica version of 1 Password you are using" ?

Best Regards,

Bernard

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

What version of 1Password for Mac are you using? You posted in the category for the version of 1Password from our website, but I just want to confirm.

• bchabot
    bchabot
    Community Member
    Options

That one : Version 3.8.21 (build 32009)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2013
    Options

You can move your data file anywhere within your Dropbox folder. Ctrl- or right-click on the path listed for your data file on the General pane in preferences. Then select "Move Data File To Another Folder" from the contextual menu.

This discussion has been closed.