1Password for Safari app integration

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password 8 - Lost Safari Extension.

Comments

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

My 1Password Safari extension is trying to get me to sign into 1Password Online rather than connecting to the Desktop app...?

• digitalpardoe
    digitalpardoe
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing the same and it also appears to prevent the keyboard shortcuts for fill in browser from working correctly.

• Hi folks,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting 1Password for Safari to connect to the desktop app. To help track this down I'd like to take a look at a diagnostic report from the desktop app as well as the console logs from 1Password for Safari. To facilitate that, please:

• Quit and relaunch 1Password
    • Quit and relaunch Safari
    • Attempt to open 1Password for Safari
    • Turn on Safari > Preferences > Advanced > Show Develop menu in menu bar
    • Select Develop > Web Extension Background Pages > 1Password for Safari - Background Page
    • Click the down arrow (4th icon from the left at the top) to download the web archive
    • In 1Password select 1Password > Preferences > Advanced > Send Diagnostics

Please email us both the web archive from Safari and the diagnostics from 1Password to support+forum@1password.com, and include your forum username as well as a link to this thread. Once you email in you should get an automated reply from BitBot with a support ID. If you post that ID here please we can 'connect the dots.'

Thank you!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.