Integration with browser app is not working on Solus OS

mrbongiolo
mrbongiolo
Community Member

Hi, I'm using SolusOS (https://getsol.us/home/) and installed 1Password from the tar package (version 8.2.0), but the automatic unlock is not working with the browser app (using Brave Version 1.29.81 Chromium: 93.0.4577.82 (Official Build) unknown (64-bit)).

The app works with the system unlock, but to unlock the browser app I have to copy and paste the password every time, is there a way to make it work?

1Password Version: 8.2.0
Extension Version: 2.1.0
OS Version: Solus OS

Comments

• gwallet
    gwallet
    Community Member

Hi

Same issue for me.
    Before the lastest update (I can't remember the version that was in use at that time):
    When I was using the borwser extension (on any of Firefox or Chromium/* derivatives) then it opens the desktop App. Once unlocked, passwords were available everywhere needed, I mean on the desktop or in one other browser. (Yes I'm using different browser at the same time, I'm a software developper ๐Ÿ™‚)

Since the last update (8.2.2):
    When I use the browser extension, it only shows the Extension popup window and 1Password is unlocked only for this browser, and still locked on the desktop app and other browsers.

Then I went on the desktop app, in settings / browser, and it says that 1Password can not communicate with 1Password in the browser because of an authorization issue, and suggest to sent an email at support_at_1password_dot_com.

I'm on Fedora 33 with GNOME 3.38.5, installed desktop app 8.2.2 (80202072) using dnf and the 1Password Beta Channel rpm repository

Hope it helps, otherwise don't hesitate to ask more details ๐Ÿ™‚

I really like the feature when desktop app and browsers extensions work all together, hope it will come back soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers

• gwallet
    gwallet
    Community Member

Oups, sounds like a duplicates of this one:
    https://1password.community/discussion/123621/integrate-with-the-1password-app-stopped-working#latest
    sorry for the noise :sweat:

• PeterG_1P
    edited October 2021

Hey @gwallet and @mrbongiolo! Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I do believe we can get this fixed for you.

Can you send us a quick email at support+linux@1Password.com? Our team will be happy to assist with a customized solution from there. ๐Ÿ‘

When you do, please make sure to include a link to this thread - that way we know it's you who's contacting us.

Thank you, and we look forward to resolving this for you!

ref: GIR-59689-634

This discussion has been closed.