Extensions with an exclamation point in a red circle?

Options
stuash
stuash
Community Member
edited March 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I recently installed 1Password 3.8 from AgileBits website and Dropbox 2 on a new MacBook Air running Mountain Lion and followed your instruction for syncing with Dropbox.

I also downloaded and installed extensions for Chrome, Firefox and Safari, all three being the latest versions, but was unable to sync with my two older computers: an iMac and a MacBook Pro, both running Snow Leopard with the most recent versions of Dropbox and 1Password installed.

The two older computers sync with each other using the Agile Key Chain in Dropbox. Today, it occurred to me that the problem might be that my login password was different on the new MacBook Air from the other two computers; so I changed it and all three computers are now using the same login password. The MacBook Air still will not sync and now the 1Password browser extension icons on all three MacBook Air browsers have the exclamation point in the red circle. Does this mean that they are syncing? Mousing over the extension icon says that they are up to date. If the exclamation mark doesn't mean that they are still syncing, what does it mean and how can I get the MacBook air to sync with the iMac and the MacBook Pro? I will very much appreciate any help with this issue.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013
    Options

Welcome to the forums, stuash! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. We'll get everything squared away.

I should mention a couple things before we go too far:

1. The red badge on the browser extension toolbar button(s) indicates that 1Password's Helper (the background process that enabled communication between the main 1Password application and the sandboxed browser extensions) cannot connect to the extension(s). It is not related in any way to Dropbox syncing.
    2. Your OS X login password is not related to 1Password in any way. We recommend never using your 1Password Master Password for anything else, though, so you might want to make sure your Master Password is not the same as your OS X login password. We have some tips for creating a strong, memorable Master Password if you are interested. :)

If you'll allow me, let's back up a moment and check to see if Dropbox syncing has been set up. Then we'll move on to the browser extensions.

• Can you please confirm for me that you have already clicked the "Move to Dropbox" button in 1Password's preferences on your MacBook Air? It's on the General preference pane.
    • On that same preference pane you will see the location of your data file. Can you tell me the location shown there on your MacBook Air? Here is a screenshot of my own preferences as an example. In my case, the path is:

Users > khad > Dropbox > 1Password > 1Password.agilekeychain

Please let me know. We'll go from there.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.