Frustrated with trying to upgrade to 1Password8 beta

Options
Fedup
Fedup
Community Member

I am a yearly subscriber who just renewed for 1Password7 here on Windows. I was told that the 1Password8 allows editing of the entries within the extension rather than having to do it in the WIndows app. I went to https://1password.community/discussion/121163/1password-for-windows-early-access and downloaded the beta on Windows10 here. My account is under 1Password.ca yet all of the installers force including the beta install assumes the user has an account on 1Password.com. I may have an account there but it is probably year old account since I keep getting emails saying

"We’re sorry to see you go. If there are any features you didn’t get to explore, or you’d like to check out the improvements we’ve made to 1Password, here’s $10.00 credit to give it another try. "

Yet I check my account on 1Password.ca and it was successfully renewed recently.

Anyways I run the beta installer it assumes my account is on 1Password.com In the Sign-in address I entered https://my.1Password.ca entered my email address, secret key, and password. I was told "We weren't able to sign in to your account. Maybe there is a typo.." Sorry, there is no typo I retyped the password multiple times.

I gave up in utter frustration. I have become frustrated with 1Password in that the documentation refers to 1Password.com and offers etc also are for 1Password.com. Why on earth even have 1Password.ca if you alienate your Canadian users!

It seems that the beta app has updated my 1Password7 app so I can not even log in to the app now

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows10

Comments

• Fedup
    Fedup
    Community Member
    Options

I uninstalled what I believe was the 1Password8 app here and found the download for the 1Password7 app. I installed that and now the app works. There are far too many hoops to jump through for a 1Password.ca account holder to get the 1Password8 beta installed

• Hello @Fedup! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble adding your 1Password.ca account to the early access version of 1Password 8. I've replied to the email that you sent us and I'm closing this thread to prevent duplicate responses. I look forward to your email! :)

ref: TQB-14523-526

This discussion has been closed.