1Password 8 for Windows Beta 🥳
The next generation of 1Password for Windows is now in early access. 🎉
To get started download the new release and sign in to your 1Password account. If you are not yet subscribed to 1Password.com (or .ca🇨🇦 / .eu🇪🇺) see Setting up a new 1Password.com account for details on creating an account and migrating over your data.
Keep in mind this is a beta so it should be used for testing and validation purposes only and is not suitable for business critical environments. For a stable experience on Windows stick with 1Password 7 for now.
You'll also want to use the beta release of 1Password in your browser:
Give it a go and enjoy! Please start a new thread in this forum to let us know how it goes, ask us any questions you may have, or share ideas for improvement. We'll be happy to help. 🤗
Setting up a new 1Password.com account
If you're not subscribed to 1Password.com yet there's never been a better time to start. You can signup for a free trial and then move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account before installing the beta.
Those with a 1Password license can trade it in for a special discount. To claim yours start by signing up for a free trial and then email us your license and we'll give you 50% off your first 3 years or $50 off a $150 gift card.
Don't forget to add your account to 1Password 7 before installing the beta. That way your data can be migrated over automatically and ready to use when you sign in to the beta.
Bits and bobs
- Previous versions of 1Password will be automatically uninstalled during setup.
- You can go back and install 1Password 7 at any time if you find the beta is not for you. Just be sure to uninstall the beta first.
- This release is compatible with all our apps. You're welcome to use this alongside all your other platforms.
- We’ll be releasing early access apps for all the other platforms over the coming months. It’s going to be an exciting year! 🤘
- Have fun and thank you for everything! 💙