Reused password

Hello there,

Is there a way to bind two different logins entries to avoid the message "Reused Password" on both ?
And more is there a way to manage one password for different entries ?

I work on system that use Active Directory, and depending on which application I have to connect, it use my email, or my login (that are different so).
To be able to fill all the application I have created two different entries of the same account to fill with my email or my login.

But with that way I have two issues:

• On both entries I have the message I reuse a password (of cours it's the same account)
  • I have to update manually the password of the second account when I update my password.

I've linked both entries but it doesn't change anything (I think I don't understand this feature)

Thanks for your answers

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:reused password

Comments

• jack.plattenjack.platten

Team Member

Hi @Lauz:

Handling Active Directory and similar authentication systems where you may have [email protected] and wendy.appleseed as two usernames that share the same password is something we're still exploring, however I'll add your name to the feature request.

At this time, we don't have a way to ignore the Watchtower warning you of a reused password. I'll add your name to that feature request as well.

Jack

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#130
    ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#16

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file