iPassword & Safari 15: A terrible experience for me

Clicking the "unlock" icon in login fields does nothing.

If I click on the 1password icon at the top of the browser, I'll get a pop-up to unlock it 30-60 seconds later. Super bizarre.

If I open up the 1password app to unlock it, everything then works fine.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.8.8
Extension Version: 7.8.8?
OS Version: macOS 11.6

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @klinquist ,

Does the issue still occur after you restart 1Password and Safari like so:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit 1Password Completely".
    2. Quit Safari by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open Safari and test if it is working properly.
  • klinquist
    klinquist
    Community Member

Hi @ag_yaron,

I've even rebooted... tried your steps, no avail.

1Password updated itself today to the latest beta... and now the extension is completely gone from Safari (not listed in preferences->extensions). If I try to reinstall it from the extension App Store, it says it's already installed.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @klinquist ,
    The extension is bundled up with the 1Password desktop app so it should be installed automatically when you install the desktop app.

Let's try reinstalling it. Please do the following:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon in your Mac's menu bar (where the clock is) and select "Quit 1Password Completely".
    2. Go to your Applications folder and delete the 1Password app. Do not use any 3rd party cleaning apps! Perform this task manually and your data will not be deleted.
    3. Restart your Mac.
    4. Download and install a fresh copy of 1Password: https://1password.com/downloads/
    5. Open 1Password, then open your browser and see if things work properly.

In case the extension still doesn't work or is not present in Safari's preferences - > Extensions, please generate a diagnostics report and send it over to support+x@1password.com with a link to this discussion. Here's how to generate a report: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

• klinquist
    klinquist
    Community Member

Hi @ag_yaron
    Thank you, that worked!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Yaron, you are welcome @klinquist! I am glad to hear that this worked :)

This discussion has been closed.