1Password can no longer launch or uninstall or update, application error

On a Windows 10 Pro 64bit system, I am unable to launch 1password. I get the following message, "1Password.exe - Application error. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5). Click OK to close the application."

I have tried to uninstall 1Password (from add & remove programs in control panel, right click and un-install from the start menu), but no dialog opens or launches and the 1Password remains installed.

When I try to re-install 1Password using 1PasswordSetup-7.8.820.exe, I encounter the same error mentioned above.

I have rebooted multiple times and tried to relaunch 1Password and re-install 1Password, but I still encounter the "unable to start correctly" popup window.

I am running the latest/updated version of MalwareBytes.
Third party AV software is up to date.
No pending Windows updates.
Local App Data folder is not read-only.

Since I can not launch 1password, I can not provide the requested diagnostics data.

Is any other information required to help troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Comments

• @rijtan That doesn't sound right at all!

Sometimes this can happen if anti-malware is installed on the machine; I see you've mentioned Malwarebytes there, but before we jump to any conclusions I think it would be best if we could look into this with you on a 1:1 basis.

Since I can not launch 1password, I can not provide the requested diagnostics data.

Not to worry, we can still get some logs from you and troubleshoot this. :+1:

Could you write in to us at support+windows@1password.com, and reply to this thread with your ticket ID? It should look something like [ABC-12345-678]

We'll then pick things up and see what's going on. :)

• Hi @rijtan, we got your message! 😃 Will continue to follow up with you over there so we can get this resolved.

ref: MGQ-59378-846

This discussion has been closed.