1Password 7 App not showing suggestions until you select it manually.

Options
bmorgenthaler
bmorgenthaler
Community Member
edited October 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

When on a website and I bring up 1Password through the extension I get the correct suggestion results for the website in question. However when I click on the 1P app in my tray the suggestions are just my favorites or blank. However if I click on the drop down and hit Suggestions again, so selecting what is already selected, then the suggestions appear correctly.

I just noticed this today so I don't know with which update this changed but it had previously been working.

• MacOS 11.6
  • 1Password 7.8.8 (70808005) - Not app store
  • Firefox 92.0.1
  • 1Password Beta Extension 2.1.3

1Password Version: 7.8.8
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: macOS 11.6

Comments

• xyzulu
    xyzulu
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing the same in Safari on Monterey Beta.. yet in Chrome all is fine. Very strange behaviour.
    Also, the Safari inline menu doesn't show up either.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bmorgenthaler@, @xyzulu:

What did you configure under 1Password for Mac Preferences > Mini tab > Open 1Password to dropdown menu? Is it set to "Suggestions"?

• xyzulu
    xyzulu
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I think it was. Let me change that and see if it helps

• xyzulu
    xyzulu
    Community Member
    Options

I tried all 3 options.. still no inline menu.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm not sure I fully understand the issue you are reporting.

Can you please provide us with a step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce this? Be as specific as possible, including descriptions of where to click and when.

As for the inline menu not showing, that seems to be an issue with the Monterey beta as we've received similar reports from other users.

• xyzulu
    xyzulu
    Community Member
    edited October 2021
    Options

So, Safari.. 1password 7 (latest version).
    Logged in to 1password.. the icon shows in the form field.. but no inline menu pops-up or shows when clicking on the 1password icon in the form field.

I've tried to disable keychain.. makes no difference.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the screenshot @xyzulu .

Can you please try the following:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit 1Password Completely".
    2. Quit Safari by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open Safari and click the 1Password extension icon in Safari's toolbar, see if it opens and functions properly. If it does, go to this website again and see if the inline menu opens and suggests autofill (but keep in mind if you're on Monterey beta it might not show up regardless).
  • xyzulu
    xyzulu
    Community Member
    Options

Ahh.. you wrote: "As for the inline menu not showing, that seems to be an issue with the Monterey beta as we've received similar reports from other users."

Well.. that might explain it then.

• xyzulu
    xyzulu
    Community Member
    Options

I tried.. the 1Password extension works just fine.. but the inline menu is still missing.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for testing it, @xyzulu .
    Hopefully things will work better when the stable version of Monterey arrives.

• xyzulu
    xyzulu
    Community Member
    Options

Does the issue also affect Safari 15.1 on Big Sur?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Things should work well on Big Sur.

This discussion has been closed.