Feature request: maintenance help to keep vault clean

Options

Being a happy long-term 1Password user my vault has grown significantly over time. Obviously, there are logins that I haven't used in years because the service doesn't exist anymore, it was temporary or I simply use another service now. Whenever I actively know that I am not using a service anymore I remove it from the vault, but that's really the exception. Mostly I just stop using the login and it just keeps sitting in the vault forever.

I would be happy to see a feature in one of the future releases which helps to clean up the vault in a more efficient way. There is the possibility to sort by creation and modified date of passwords. However, I don't think there is a usage statistic or date of passwords available. Rather than passwords created years ago, I am looking for a list of passwords not having been used for a certain amount of time. I think either an additional sort option or even a suggested list of not-used passwords could be helpful.

As I mostly use the search function or autofill to get to the passwords I need, I don't mind having old passwords sitting around in the vault. However, I think it would be useful (1) in terms of data storage to allow a more efficient and less time-consuming cleanup and (2) in terms of security for the user to feel safe, that not all old passwords are also still stored somewhere (secure, but still).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_mike_d
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hi @mathiasw, thanks for being a long time user and sending along this feature request.

I can see where a more efficient way to clean up old items in a vault or being able to use a tool or usage statistic to determine which items haven't been used in a while might come in handy. While I cannot make any promises about this being possible or if this type functionality will appear in 1Password, I will share your comments with the appropriate team.

In the meantime, you've touched on the current best option to help you clean up you vaults - filtering your logins - either by Date Created or Date Modified. You can then use the Archive feature to archive items you may not be ready to delete just yet: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-windows/#archive-and-delete-items

Thanks and have a great day!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#961

This discussion has been closed.