Replace or update Password workflow from browser

Options

Is there an easy way to directly update passwords from the browser when the domain has changed?

Say for example I have a password saved for a local device 192.168.1.1 and now it changed to 192.168.2.100. 1Password doesn't recognize it as the same page anymore (obviously), but it also does not give me an option to choose from an existing password and simply update the website address.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mathiasw! If I understand your question correctly, you'd like to change the URL of an item so that it would get suggested again on the page you're currently viewing.

There are a few ways of doing this. Since you asked for a way to do it in the browser, currently you can do that by clicking the 1Password icon in your browser's menu bar (or in the extensions menu if that's where your browser shows it). That'll bring up the 1Password popup, where you can search for your item. Within the item you'll find an edit button (in the latest version of the extension it's found inside the "⋮" menu). Depending on whether you have the 1Password desktop app installed, you will either see the editing view pop up there or in your browser.

The alternative way to do this is to follow the same procedure but using the desktop app: search for the item, select it and edit it. If all else fails, you can always edit an item via the web interface found over at https://my.1password.com.

Regardless of where you edit your item, once you've edited and saved your changes, suggestions should work again in a few instants.

Hope this helps, and please let me know if I can help you further.

Thanks,
    Gabriele

• mathiasw
    mathiasw
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Gabriele, actually the edit function is what I currently use.

Wasn't there a search field in previous version - directly in the browser input popup shown in the screenshot - whenever there were no suggestions? I thought I remember having searched for logins and whenever selecting a different one not matching the page 1Password asked if I want to update the selected login. But maybe I remember that incorrectly.

• If you are referring to the popup that appears directly within the web page, I don't believe there ever was a search field there. In past versions you could switch between different "menus" however. We had suggestions, password generator, favorites, etc, but we don't have that at the moment.

Let me know if you have feedback on the way it currently is and whether it suits your workflow :)

Gabriele

This discussion has been closed.