Cannot import 1pif file

Options

I've got a 1pif file from MacUpdate Promo website but when I try to import it into 1Password it fails because the Import Assistant requires me to select an Import Format but none are listed. See image here http://postimage.org/image/dn6428dnj/

Is this a known issue? I'm running the latest version of 1Password - Version 3.8.20 (build 31499)

Comments

• Bottacco
    Bottacco
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, the screen you get is empty because you have to click where it says "Select Import Format" and you will get a nice menu with all the available options. Select the one you want and the blank space will change to show your selection.

Cheers ;)

• FourCandles
    FourCandles
    Community Member
    Options

I'd already tried that. There is nothing in the drop-down except "Select Import Format". Anyone else have any suggestions? if I re-install 1Password will I need to backup / restore my files or export / import in some way? And if I can't import again then am I shafted?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013
    Options

It sounds like your 1Password installation may be damaged. To resolve this:

1. Visit the 1Password download page:
      http://agilebits.com/downloads
    2. Click on the "Download Now" button under "1Password 3"
    3. Quit your web browser and 1Password, if it's running
    4. Drag the newly downloaded version of 1Password to the same location as any previous one -- replacing it
    5. Try the import again

Your information is stored in a data file separate from the application, so it will not be harmed by this procedure.

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

In 1Password 3.8, just select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report from the menu bar.

If you are using 1Password 3.9 (from the Mac App Store), you'll need to download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• FourCandles
    FourCandles
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - that solved the problem.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.