latest update to 7.9 has messed up inline browser support (for me)

Options
bkcca
bkcca
Community Member
edited October 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

after the update on two machines I cannot get inline browser unlocking to work. Clicking on the 1Password mini icon in the login name or password line has no effect on 1Password. Have re-started browser (Safari Version 15.1 (17612.2.9.1.6)), 1Password, and re-booted machine - still not working.

Suggestion to correct problem?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Laur59
    Laur59
    Community Member
    Options

Same Problem for me
    macOs Catalina 10.15.7
    1Password 7
    Version 7.9 (70900001)
    1Password Store
    Extension1Password 7.9

• Laur59
    Laur59
    Community Member
    Options

My apologies, but in my case it is a macOS Catalina/Safari issue

• Roger D. Harmon
    Roger D. Harmon
    Community Member
    edited October 2021
    Options

Since the 7.9 1Password update, 1Password is broken on Safari Version 15.0 (16612.1.29.41.4, 16612) on Big Sur 11.6. It was working yesterday and after I updated it today, it is not working. When I clicked on the 1Password icon in Safari, nothing happens. I launched Firefox and it seems to be working. I don't use Chrome. I did not update Safari or Big Sur in the last week or two.
    Hopefully, this will be fixed correctly and quickly.

• SJHanson
    SJHanson
    Community Member
    Options

Preferences as per link - I am running the same version of Safari as Roger in the post above me with 1Password 7.8.7 and haven't been able to get 1Password working in Safari for weeks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y4rvDZkAauvQ4Uz_6Gzx9fbjVGHyt80z/view?usp=sharing

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey guys,

Can you please try the following:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit 1Password Completely".
    2. Quit Safari by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open Safari and test if it is working properly.

In case that didn't help, I'd suggest reinstalling 1Password like so:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon in your Mac's menu bar (where the clock is) and select "Quit 1Password Completely".
    2. Go to your Applications folder and delete the 1Password app. Do not use any 3rd party cleaning apps! Perform this task manually and your data will not be deleted.
    3. Restart your Mac.
    4. Download and install a fresh copy of 1Password: https://1password.com/downloads/
    5. Open 1Password, then open your browser and see if things work properly.

If the issue persists, we'll need to see a diagnostics report to investigate this matter further. Here's how to generate one: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/
    Send it to support+x@1password.com alongside a short description of the issue.

This discussion has been closed.