None of my OTP are working in Windows 10

Options

I just installed the current beta of 1Password on a new Windows 10 install. Everything seems to be working fine, except all the one-time passwords are generating invalid codes that are rejected by websites/services. When I compare the six digits OTP in WIndows 10 app against 1Password installs on iOS, Android and iPad, the Windows OTP codes are all different to what is being generated on those other platforms.

I've tried logging out of 1Password and logging back in again.
I've tried rebooting Windows 10 and logging back in again.

Any ideas how to fix this? It's super annoying.

Thanks
Richie

1Password Version: 80400010
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited October 2021
    Options

@innitrichie Sounds like your Windows 10 device doesn't have the right time. Right click on the clock in the bottom right hand corner and left click on Adjust date/time. Try clicking on Sync now and check that your time zone is set correctly.

• innitrichie
    innitrichie
    Community Member
    Options

Well that's embarrassing. :p I hadn't noticed Windows had put me in the wrong time zone, and that I was one hour behind my real time. Fixing that, and syncing the time, yep it fixed the problem!

Thank you so much.

• Wow, thanks for this @rootzero, and congrats to @innitrichie for getting this fixed! It's great that the issue is now resolved (and for anyone who comes upon this thread later, time and date settings are often a great place to start if you too are experiencing this issue). That's community teamwork 😄.

Of course, feel free to let us know if there's anything further we 1Password folks can do. We're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.