1Password Maintains Focus on Last Category/Tag Selection Between Sessions

Options

I am using 1Password app on Windows 10. When I open the application after it has been locked and I provide the appropriate master password, I find the focus or filter selection (not sure the right term) remains the same as my last session. I suspect this is an intended feature, but I find it bothersome. For example, today I open 1Password and want select an item to use. I will typically highlight the category or tag and then select the item I want from the short list of items. I come back the next day and open the 1Password app again. This time, I want to do a search of the entire vault(s) (all items), but the app has remembered my previous category/tag selection. So when I type in a search value, it only searches that subset of items. I have to then select "all items" and do the search again. I know many people may consider this a 'feature' that the filter selection is remembered, but I find it irritating. When I have been away for a long time and the app has re-locked, it would be nice if the default filter selection switched back to "all items".

I would like to propose a new feature. Add to the preference settings the ability to select the default filter setting after unlocking the app. The optional settings could be: 'All items', 'the last used category/tag' or a user specified category/tag/vault. If this feature already exists for the Windows app, please let me know. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.9.822
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• ag_mike_d
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hi @CraigThebiker, thank so much for your message. I can understand where a setting to always reset to a default filter, vault or All Items, when 1Password is re-opened/re-launched, would be useful to some customer's workflows.

While I can't make any promises about when or if this type setting can be implemented into future versions of 1Password, I'm happy to pass this feature request along to the developers for review and consideration.

Thanks for your time and suggestions here! :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#1006

• CraigThebiker
    CraigThebiker
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for passing this on to the development team.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Mike, you are welcome @CraigThebiker! If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.