1Password won't open in macOS Monterey

Options
cheese7007a
cheese7007a
Community Member

I just updated to macOS Monterey on my MacBook Pro and now I can't get 1Password to open. It usually quits unexpectedly after a while of running with no window opening and the Activity Monitor saying it is not responding. I re-download the app from the website and re-installed. Same result.

When I search the Support Community and with Google, I did not find any similar problems.

Any help appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:won't open

Comments

• @cheese7007a

This was resolved via email. Thanks for being part of the family. Enjoy!

• cheese7007a
    cheese7007a
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help Tommy.

• On behalf of Tommy, you are very welcome @cheese7007a! :smile:

• SnowDawg
    SnowDawg
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. How to resolve this ?

• bladeomatic
    bladeomatic
    Community Member
    Options

Ditto. "This was solved via email" isn't really helpful to folks coming to the community with the same problem. Perhaps you folks should document the basic steps you performed to help this person, so other with the same problem can benefit from it as well.

• Dave_1P
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hello @SnowDawg and @bladeomatic! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password is crashing on your Mac. Mac apps can crash for a variety of reasons and the solution that worked for the original poster (who contacted us back in October and three versions of 1Password ago) likely won't be the solution that will work for you.

Our team would be happy to look at why 1Password for Mac is crashing on your Mac so that we can help you get the issue resolved. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.