You are killing very good application!

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 2
OS Version: Windows 11
Referrer: forum-search:ads

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited October 2021

Hi @leonid1812, I'm sorry for the trouble regarding this. As a few other 1Password folks have mentioned in the forums recently, this is a notice we included in a recent version of the app because 1Password is transitioning to a subscription model (and this has been in the works for some time, as we've discussed publicly). Because our privacy model here is so strong - to be specific, because we don't monetize your data or activity and collect so little data on users in general - there aren't a lot of ways to get this information to people.

Including it in the app to help customers prepare to transition to a subscription eventually (and offering a huge discount in the process) seems like the best approach to us. That way we can continue building and iterating the most robust, well-built, and secure app possible, and no one will be caught by surprise regarding the way we're going about this.

I'm sorry to hear you feel we're "killing a very good application." The notice you see here isn't permanent, and we have only very rarely done them in the past. This one was included because it's a particularly important moment in our operations as a company, and we want to help support customers at every point as we move to the next chapter. We don't mean to spam you, and our focus will remain on security, privacy, and the needs of our customers as always. I hope this goes some way to addressing your concerns!

• leonid1812
    leonid1812
    Community Member

Hi Peter, thank you for your response. I used 1Password apps many many years. During this time I bought several app versions. But your new model is not acceptable from me. I am not ready to keep all my secrets in public clouds. Looks like v7 is my last 1Password's version.

• leonid1812
    leonid1812
    Community Member

it will be good to have an option to disable these spam messages for people like me who not accept your new strategy (I payed money to do not see any ads in my app)

• janil
    janil
    Community Member

Can we turn off the advertisements? I don't see anything in the settings.

There is a difference between a one time notice and the entry taking up space on the left-hand bar.

• leonid1812
    leonid1812
    Community Member

Yes, and every time this annoying advertisement disturbs with the login to the application.
    It overlaps the password entry field and increases the number of login errors.
    Please enable the option to disable this annoying advertisement.
    Please use email to send your annoying suggestions

This discussion has been closed.