Are tags broke? Not able to edit.

Options

There does not seem to be a way to delete, edit or create a new tag.

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• jjocsak
    jjocsak
    Community Member
    Options

There does not seem to be a way to edit a tag. Either create one or delete or rename.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member
    Options

I am able to create a tag on an item. Click Edit then +Add Tag and type the #tag name in the field. Then you can delete tags by the little pull down menu next to the tag name. I guess you can't rename - maybe you have to delete and add a new one? You'd have to edit all the items using that tag, which perhaps would be inconvenient.

• jjocsak
    jjocsak
    Community Member
    Options

I guess I was referring to the tag list in the left column.
    Sorry for being vague.

Thanks
    Jeff

• jjocsak
    jjocsak
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the explanation and links.

Jeff

• Hi @jjocsak,

Tag renaming and deletion is something we're tracking as future improvements to our tag system in 1Password 8. I can't give a timeline at this point, but rest assured it's on our radar. 💜

• apb123
    apb123
    Community Member
    Options

"Tag renaming and deletion is something we're tracking as future improvements to our tag system in 1Password 8. I can't give a timeline at this point, but rest assured it's on our radar. 💜"

. Remove a feature. Then comment on it as a future "improvement". Hmmmmmm

• Ben
    Options

Hey @apb123

I understand where you're coming from if you're comparing to 1Password 7. 1Password 8 hasn't previously had this feature — v8 is a rewrite. It is essentially an all new app. It shares only a small percentage of code with previously existing apps such as 1Password 7. As such most anything we want to carry forward from v7 to v8 has to be re-implemented using the new technology stack. It is unlikely that we'll have complete parity with 1Password 7 in 1Password 8. On the other hand, we'll have a number of features in v8 that are not available in v7.

We are continuing to gather feedback about things that folks would like to be possible with 1Password 8, including those that were possible in 1Password 7, and that feedback will help us prioritize our efforts.

Ben

• ejunkie
    ejunkie
    Community Member
    Options

@apb123 They didn't remove anything.
    They build 1P v8 from scratch and that means some features work differently (QuickAccess) and some features are not yet implemented.
    It's not the first time that a Major Software Release misses some features.

I'm missing Tag renaming too but it's not fair to accuse AB of removing features.
    I'm waiting a bit before I switch to v8. I'm sure that features like Tag renaming and field reordering make it back in 8.5 or 8.6.

Have a great day.

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member
    Options

It's an early access release. Developement is still ongoing and It shouldn't be used as a daily driver unless you're ok with beta quality software (bugs, features not yet implemented and so on).

I hope it will be in the final release though. Otherwise it's going to be painful to deal with.

• Ben
    Options

It is on the list. I wish I had further specifics to share beyond that but we keep our development roadmap pretty close to the chest (even internally!).

Ben

This discussion has been closed.