Login suddenly no longer working

Options
poidi
poidi
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hey guys!

I have a big problem, my login is suddenly no longer working. I tried the following:

• Login on my Windows PC with the app (Version v7.9.825)
  • Login on my PC with Browser (Firefox, Chrome, Brave)
  • Login on my Phone with Browser (Firefox, Chrome, Brave)
  • Login with my home network and phone network (altough it is the same ISP)
  • Login on a Macbook Pro (App and Browser)

The login on my PC stopped working on the 5th November.

The only thing currently working is logging in with the app on my Android phone via fingerprint. I also tried the app on my backup Android phone and there it is also working (fingerprint again). It was even able to sync the data after being offline for 1 year.

How is it possible that the app login works but nothing else? It also uses the master password in the end, as far as I understand. And it is no offline access either, else the sync between phones would not have worked.

I had the same problem 3 years ago, where it solved itself after a time (don't remember how long, but it was more than one day).

Hope it solves itself again, but without my access through my phone, I would be totally lost... For now the only thing I can do, is to backup everything manually into Keepass, as this situation is unbearable.

Maybe someone can explain the situation or how to solve this?

Cheers!

1Password Version: 7.9.825
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@poidi Do you have your 1Password account credentials saved as a login item? Can you view your master password in the Android app?

• poidi
    poidi
    Community Member
    Options

Password is not stored anywhere. In the meantime it worked 3-4 times on Windows, but always with a lot of failed logins between and restarting the app.
    At leats I was able to make a full export on desktop.

If I had problems on my phone too, I would think of a network problem, but this way it is strange.

• Hey @poidi, I'm really sorry you're running into issues! That's definitely an odd issue. I'd like to collect some diagnostics information so we can dig into this - could you generate a diagnostics report and attach it to a Support email?

Generate a diagnostics report

Please send that report to support+windows@1password.com, and include a link to this thread.

After you email in, you should receive a Conversation ID that looks like this: [#ABC-12345-678]. Please paste that here, and I'll use it to track your email down from my end.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting this sorted for you! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.