Unable to edit login from extension

Using chrome & Vivaldi I click the edit icon on the extension for the login I'm on. Use to open page to edit the login. Now nothing happens. Waiting in the desktop app to change it there but never syncs.
Has something changed?
Thanks

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: 2.1.8
OS Version: win 11 pro

Comments

• Hi @avspinball, sorry for the troubles you've been encountering.

Use to open page to edit the login. Now nothing happens.

I've been unable to reproduce this behaviour. With desktop app integration enabled, after selecting Edit from the overflow menu on a given item, you should be taken to the 1Password for Windows app and the item in Edit mode. Can you confirm you are being directed to the desktop app?

Waiting in the desktop app to change it there but never syncs.

Does manually editing and saving an item in 1Password for Windows work and sync out to 1Password.com and your other devices?

Thanks!

• avspinball
    avspinball
    Community Member

Nothing happens when I click edit. And just saving a new login from the extension does not show up on the desktop app for over a hour.

• Hi @avspinball, thanks for the additional detail here. That's certainly not normal performance behavior. It sounds like there may be a connection issue between your browser extension and the 1Password for Windows app.

Our team will be happy to help resolve this for you. It will likely involve discussing specifics of your apps and setup, so I'll ask you to send us a brief email over at support+windows@1Password.com. Please include a link to this discussion so we know that the person emailing is you. Our team will then get to work setting this to rights for you! 😀

Thanks, and hope to see you over there 👋

• avspinball
    avspinball
    Community Member

Thanks, I will reply on Monday as I had to run out of town.

• Thanks @avspinball! If you'd like, after you send the email and receive the support ID (ie: [#ABC-12345-678]), you can post it here as it will help us to locate your email.

Looking forward to your reply! :)

This discussion has been closed.