Show all matching items shortcut

Options
huffalumpy
huffalumpy
Community Member
edited January 24 in Mac

Inside of 1P, hitting return in the filter box takes you to the first match, but it does not filter the list. To filter the list, you have to use command-return.
That is ungreat, and inconsistent with other apps, and with 1p7.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @huffalumpy , we definitely do aim to exceed the threshold of "un-great." Accordingly, I have added your comments here to our internal discussion around 1Password 8's search function and potential improvements going forward. Thank you for letting us know!

ref: dev/core/core#10777

• @huffalumpy

1Password recently introduced a change in how search works and pressing enter now opens "Show all matching results". You can then look through the total list of results for a search term.

Please make sure that you're running 8.10.24: How to keep 1Password up to date

You might need to completely close and then reopen 1Password before seeing the change. Let me know if this new behaviour helps. 🙂

-Dave

• huffalumpy
    huffalumpy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Dave.
    That comment was from 2021. I think it's been a bunch of versions (at least in the beta channel) since this was addressed, and yes, i noticed. it's just that the thread was so old that i had forgotten about it.

• Dave_1P
    edited January 24
    Options

Perfect, I wanted to make sure that you were aware that your feedback was heard and acted upon by the team. Thanks for confirming and for helping us make 1Password better. 💙

-Dave