Changed email username but still prompts with old one

Rob 1234
Rob 1234
Community Member

I have started using masked email (from another provider, not FastMail), so I have been going through all of my logins to update the username/email. I notice on my iPad and iPhone, when it is going to fill the login information, it still shows the old email in the prompt option. It does fill the correct new email, but somehow it still shows the old one that is no longer used by that account.

I wish websites would not use email as the username. I think it would be better to keep username and email as separate items. Even 1Password uses my email as a username. Some websites make it very difficult to make the email change when they use it as a username. On this forum, for example, I am not able to change my email. When I try, it says my username is invalid. I am not allowed to change the username, and I don't really want to, so I am stuck.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Rob 1234!

I notice on my iPad and iPhone, when it is going to fill the login information, it still shows the old email in the prompt option. It does fill the correct new email, but somehow it still shows the old one that is no longer used by that account.

If you see this login inside the 1Password app, but not in the Autofill extension, make sure that the Autofill extension has had time to refresh after you updated information in the main 1Password app. To do so, open 1Password on your iOS device and go to Settings > Password AutoFill, and wait until data has updated.

Does the correct information show in the list now?

This discussion has been closed.