Folders are not getting synced (both Wi-Fi and Dropbox)

earroyo
earroyo
Community Member
Starting with 1PasswordPRO 3.5.1 and continuing with 3.5.2, I'm not able to sync folders. As I had posted on GetSatisfactions...

>>Link to orginal post<<

Folder created on the desktop do not appear on the iPhone/iPod with 1Password PRO 3.5.1
1Password PRO 3.5.1

New folders or sub-folder do not appear on the iPhone/iPod. Only on the Windows or Mac desktop can any of them be viewed.

1pw4g.PNG

1pw.png

I have an tried this on an iPod Touch 1G 1PPro 3.5.2, iPhone3G 1PPro 3.5.2 and iPhone4 1PPro 3.5.2 with the same results, folders are not synced.

Here is what I have tried so far...

-Removed all the folder on Mac 3.3.0 - 30705 desktop.
-Checked the Win desktop and all the folder did get removed as well.
-Quit the app and Dropbox on both desktops
-Open both desktop and everything looked correct.
-I removed 1Password PRO 3.5.2 from the iPhone 4 iOS4.0.1.
-Shut it down.
-Did a sync with iTunes.
-Reinstalled PRO 3.5.2 back on the iphone.
-Set things up to sync via Dropbox.
-Sync completed without errors.
-Added new folders on the Mac desktop. They show up in Windows.
-Added new folders on the Win desktop. They show up on the Mac.
-Back to the iPhone4. Do a sync...

>> Results << No folders get synced.

I have also tried doing a sync via WiFi instead of Dropbox with no change in the results.

Suggestions?

Edgar

Comments

• roustem
    edited August 2010
    I am still not sure what could be wrong, I am not able to recreate this problem — all new folders or changes to the existing folders are getting synced in my case.

Does anyone else see the same issue?

Have you tried to create any new folders or new items? Are they getting synced?
  • earroyo
    earroyo
    Community Member
    roustem wrote:

Have you tried to create any new folders or new items? Are they getting synced?

No, any new or deleted folder is only seen on the destkop either mac or pc is fine. The handhelds just wont sync or update. I've even gone on the Mac, checked off the folders and told it to overwrite the handheld and it's still a problem.

As stated above, I took the same steps with 3.5.2 as with 3.5.1. Everything syncs correctly between the Mac and PC desktop. The problem seems to be with the handhelds. For kicks I did a full OS factory reset with my old iPhone 3G and install a 1P PRO 3.5.2 and it doesn't work. Just not getting any folders on the handhelds. I can restore to an early version of my keychain and the folder return but they don't update or sync the changes. Changes to password, notes, etc on the devices do sync back to the desktop and other devices.

Edgar
  • earroyo
    earroyo
    Community Member
    edited August 2010
    FIXED!!!

Deleted the "1Password.agilekeychain" from DropBox and started out with a fresh copy. Used the sample database. Added a few folders. Synced the iphone and told it to use the data from the iphone and everything is working now.

Seems to have been something with the keychain.

Edgar
  • This is great to hear. Thank you for the update!

My only guess is that perhaps the Mac and iPhone were using different data files, somehow.
  • earroyo
    earroyo
    Community Member
    How would that be if everything that was changed on the desktop got updated on the iphone except the folders? That was the only items not getting updated.

Edgar
  • skywalker
    skywalker
    Community Member
    I'm having the same issue, I was using both the Windows version and mac version stored on dropbox. However none of the windows folders show up on my iphone. I'm syncing over wifi, because I'm still having an issue with dropbox on my iphone and ipad. The newly created windows folder show up on the mac, but not on the iphone. Any ideas?
  • papiex
    papiex
    Community Member
    edited August 2010
    And the same issue here. I'm using iPad,iPhone and Windows version. After creating folders in Win version (1.0.0.101) , and syncing on iPhone (dropbox) , no folders are visible. Reseting master password, reseting whole database doesn't help :( Also starting from beginning (with new keychain) doesn't work... Folders are still missing on iPhone.
    I'm using USA region format on iPhone. Maybe some specific setting should be also set on Windows (currently using polish lang and region)?
  • papiex
    papiex
    Community Member
    papiex wrote:

And the same issue here. I'm using iPad,iPhone and Windows version. After creating folders in Win version (1.0.0.101) , and syncing on iPhone (dropbox) , no folders are visible. Reseting master password, reseting whole database doesn't help :( Also starting from beginning (with new keychain) doesn't work... Folders are still missing on iPhone.
    I'm using USA region format on iPhone. Maybe some specific setting should be also set on Windows (currently using polish lang and region)?

Anyone? :(
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited August 2010
    papiex wrote:

Anyone? :(

Folders use to not be synced to the mobile devices a long time ago and since I don't use them myself any longer....... I am not the one to comment on this topic.

I just wanted to let you know that your post was seen.
  • papiex
    papiex
    Community Member
    edited September 2010
    SOLUTION

So after few hours of investigation, it turns out, that the problem lies in keychain generated by Windows version.

When I create folder in 1Password 1.0.116 Windows , there is no way it sync to my iphone (through dropbox). Folders are not visible.
    When I create folder in mac version,folders always sync without problem.

So to found 'guilty' ,I've created simple keychain (just with one folder) with Mac and one with PC.
    The only serious difference between both keychains is ,that pc chain lacks value of parameter "encrypted" (in Mac version it consist of long string) in *.1password file.

And Mac one syncs fine to iPhone,PC not. But,after synching PC chain to Mac ,renaming folder,and synching to iPhone,renamed folder is visible in iPhone ("encrypted" parameter is added)!

So guys,please apply the fix to generating missing parameter value in win32 keychain generator :)
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    papiex wrote:

When I create folder in 1Password 1.0.116 Windows , there is no way it sync to my iphone (through dropbox). Folders are not visible.

Fixed in 1Password for Windows version 1.0.0.120
This discussion has been closed.