Fill my email address

Options
celmo
celmo
Community Member

I’m testing 1Password to switch from Roboform. What I am missing is that I had been able to fill my email address anywhere it was called for with just one click but cannot find a way to do so in 1Password. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Hi @celmo:

Thanks for giving 1Password a try! :smile: 1Password in your browser can fill in email addresses contained in Identity items. Do you currently have an email address in an Identity item, like so:

With an email address in an Identity item, you should be offered to fill in your email address, like so:

Let me know if this isn't what you're experiencing and I'd be happy to dig into it further with you!

Jack

• celmo
    celmo
    Community Member
    Options

How do I find the above screen?

• Hi @celmo:

My first screenshot was in 1Password 8 for Windows. When creating your 1Password account, your Starter Kit items are created which includes an Identity item that contains your name and email. If you check under the Identities category, do you have that item? Using 1Password 7 for Windows, the Identity category will be in the left sidebar:

If you're using 1Password 8, the category selector is at the top of the item list:

After you have an email in your Identity item, 1Password in the browser will suggest it on email fields. Let me know how that goes!

Jack

• celmo
    celmo
    Community Member
    Options

I found it and things are working a little better. However, if I go to a site that I haven’t signed in-from 1P, it doesn’t offer to fill my email. Is that normal? RF can easily fill in my email in such a case.

• Hey @celmo:

Thanks for getting back to us. Just to confirm that everything is working as expected with 1Password in your browser and your Identity item, I have a few steps for you to try:

1. Ensure that "Show autofill menu on field focus" is enabled in 1Password in the browser. To enable it, open Settings by right clicking the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, then selecting settings.
    2. Go to https://fill.dev/form/registration-email and click inside the email field.

If you see your email address like in this screenshot, you should be all set.

Let me know how that goes!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.