New account, unintentional nightly install

Options

Yesterday I helped a friend sign up to and set up 1Password.

I signed them up on their Windows desktop PC, and then from 1password.com clicked the download apps link, then clicked the Windows app link.

Unbeknownst to me, that link downloaded the latest nightly build of v8 for Windows (it was actually in the file name, but I wasn't paying close enough attention). I installed it and proceeded to use it. Going through the settings I noticed that it was on NIGHTLY, so I changed the setting to PRODUCTION I think it was. Hopefully this will return them to prod builds when the next prod one comes out.

Seems like there's something wonky on 1password.com with the v8 app download link.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @warpspeed !

Did you download from the link here?
    https://blog.1password.com/1password-8-for-windows-is-here/

You could just remove the NIGHTLY-build and install the latest PROD-release. All settings should be remembered.

But please check before removing the NIGHTLY-build if you really are in the PROD-channel. Otherwise, it could be that after installing the PROD-release, 1Password detects that it is in NIGHTLY-channel and downloads the NIGHTLY-build again.

• warpspeed
    warpspeed
    Community Member
    Options

@DenalB I downloaded it from the get apps page after logging into start.1password.com after creating a new account.

Instead of removing it, I just went to the prefs and switched the channel from nightly to production. I'm guessing that will return it to the prod builds the next time a prod build supersedes the nightly?

• Ben
    Options

@warpspeed

Yep. After the next stable build releases you should be updated to that and then not receive further nightly updates with that change. I hope that helps!

Ben

• Thanks for letting us know about this. We will have a fix for this out soon.

• warpspeed
    warpspeed
    Community Member
    Options

Said friend sent me a screenshot where 1Passowrd said in the last day or two "1Password was unable to complete installation and will roll back any changes."

So I'm going to visit them tomorrow and uninstall and put it back to the Prod train.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood @warpspeed, thank you for the update :+1:

This discussion has been closed.