helper not connected in Chrome

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password Helper Error when closing my 1Password app.

Comments

• BrianStegner
    BrianStegner
    Community Member

The 1Password helper is quitting all the time using latest Mountain Lion and Chrome. I find it strange that nobody seems to be in forums with this current issue. How's that done?

• BrianStegner
    BrianStegner
    Community Member

P.S. There is no "Extensions" menu item in Prefs, either. Version 3.8.20 (build 31499), and no "keep helper running" item in any other pref menu. Let's get current, eh?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hey Brian,

I split your posts from the other thread since it was about a completely different issue. The issue in the other thread only pertained to 1Password 3.9 from the Mac App Store. Since 1Password 3.9 follows Apple's application sandboxing guidelines and other App Store guidelines, we had to do things a little differently with the Helper there. That is why you aren't seeing the same options in 1Password's preferences. You are using 1Password 3.8 from our website, so I've moved this thread to the appropriate forum category for that as well.

Can you help me understand what you mean by "the 1Password helper is quitting all the time"? The Helper in 1Password 3.8 is an invisible background process called 1PasswordAgent. Do you mean that 1PasswordAgent just disappears from the list of running processes in Activity Monitor? This would show the red badge on the 1Password toolbar button in your browsers. Are you seeing the red badge on the 1Password toolbar button in Chrome?

I just want to make sure we're on the same page before we go too far. Any details about the actual symptoms you are experiencing would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.