Custom toolbar button placement in Firefox does not persist

jarena
jarena
Community Member
edited April 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi. I've always preferred to have my 1P button on the left side of my browser, and previously have been able to move this without a problem. With FF version 19.0.2, whenever I move this button, after restarting the browser, the button always returns to its default location (right side of the browser window). Is a bug, or has the functionality been disabled to move this button around? Thanks.

P.S. I'm using 1P Extension 3.9.12

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It seems to be staying put in my testing. Here's what I did using the same versions you are using:

1. Customize the toolbar and move the 1Password button between the back/forward nav buttons and the address bar.
    2. Restart Firefox

This persists across a restart in all my testing. Did you try removing the extension and reinstalling it? What about testing in a new Firefox profile?

• loghyr
    loghyr
    Community Member

I am unable to move my button in Chrome. It's fairly easy to move (imo) in Firefox. Should I be able to move it in Chrome?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @loghyr,

According to the Google Chrome forums, you can move your extensions by dragging them in the toolbar. In my testing, I could change its position on the right side with respect to my other extensions, but not move it over to the left of the address bar.

I hope this helps :)

This discussion has been closed.