How To: Install the browser extensions

PWChinook
PWChinook
Community Member
edited April 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm new to 1PW and I've been getting help through this forum but it's painfully slow. Almost nothing I'm encountering is what I see in the tutorials and I'm still about 85 feet from first base. For example, I'm trying to put login information in 1PW. The tutorial says to login to a site as before 1PW and then click on the 1PW key to the left of the login site information. I do not have that key. I have (l to r) left arrow, right arrow, cloud, arrow coming out of box, login site information, box with word "reader", down arrow in circle. Where is the 1PW key?

Is there a phone help line? My frustration level is getting too high for comfort... Thanks

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

What browser?

Have you installed the extensions? There is an option in the 1PW menu, and also under 'browsers' in the Preferences.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

As danco mentioned, you'll need to install the 1Password extension in your browser. It sounds like you have not done so yet.

I've been getting help through this forum but it's painfully slow.

Just for kicks I checked and every one of your posts I could find has received a reply within hours. We are a distributed team working from all across the globe. We do not have "operators standing by" but we are always here to help in a timely fashion. For private support you are free to email us as well: support@ agilebits .com We have a larger team responding to email inquiries, so it's possible you may get a faster response there, but not having the browser extension installed doesn't strike me as an emergency in need of an immediate response. It is even in the User Guide.

We're always here to help. Just take it one step at a time. :)

• PWChinook
    PWChinook
    Community Member

1) I had already taken the steps to install the Safari extension but apparently it did not go through. It is installed now. Thanks

2) I was not intentionally being critical of the support given by 1PW; just wondering if there was a more direct (person to person) means available. If not an 800 number for support then perhaps a chat link. These are modestly common with companies having the next step in customer support. Of course...not all. I can actually recall back in circa 1993 when Microsoft gave out an 800 number with their more complex software packages and I used it with great success (mostly with their FORTRAN compiler - no longer sold). But MS moved in the other direction and now is amongst the most difficult of all companies to get help from. I have a great distain for MS and this was a primary reason for my abandoning the "dark side" and moving to Apple (which has the finest support in the universe!!).

I very much appreciate the help you give. You do have a large library of tutorials; some with videos which are the most helpful. I'm perplexed that I'm having so much trouble with this but will persevere... :-)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

Please do keep us posted if you have any further questions or concerns. We really are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.