Any special steps needed to upgrade from 1.2.0 to 1.4.0?

stmh
stmh
Community Member

Hi,

I tried to upgrade from version 1.2.0 (which was previously upgraded from version 1.0.0) via the helm chart but the deployment couldn't be rolled out, because the secret op-credentials couldn't be found via

helm upgrade connect 1password/connect --namespace 1password-vault --set connect.version=1.4.0

So, is there a way to create this credentials file from an existing integration, as I do not want to recreate all the tokens and vault combinations for the integration again, or maybe extract the information from the running pod with version 1.2.0

thanks in advance,
Stephan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @stmh ,

You should be able to upgrade without making any changes to the credentials file. We haven't changed the format or the fields inside that file since the initial release.

Couple questions:
    1. Prior to running the upgrade, did you already create a Kubernetes secret named op-credentials?
    2. Did you try providing the credentials file to the helm chart with this flag:
    --set-file connect.credentials=<path/to/1password-credentials.json>
    (src: https://github.com/1Password/connect-helm-charts/tree/main/charts/connect#values)

• stmh
    stmh
    Community Member

Hi @David_ag ,

thanks for the clarification. Then it seems I didnt keep a copy of the credentials-file. And somehow I do not have the op-credentials on the cluster. But somehow the connect-api is working without problem.

Is there a way to restore it from the deployed pod somehow? Or recreate the credentials file for an existing integration?

• Unfortunately there's currently no way to recreate the credentials file.

I'm not completely familiar with the Kubernetes Secrets internals, but you may wan to try listing the Kubernetes secrets in the namespace where the operator is running. You may wan to consult the v1.2.0 tag and see if you can discover where the credentials file is living in your cluster.

• stmh
    stmh
    Community Member

Ok, fortunately found a backup of the credential file. Thank you for your support.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of David, you are very welcome @stmh, and thank you for the update :)

This discussion has been closed.