Follow up | Option to Turn off Rich Icons everywhere

Options

The option to turn off Rich Icons has been added, thanks again.
Anyway, when I go to https://my.1password.eu/vaults/xxx/allitems/xxx I still see Rich Icons, please let the user choose to disable Rich Icons everywhere (browser extension, app and/or desktop client).

⇒ Even better not to have to do this in every single app, please provide automatic sync.

Thanks for the consideration.

https://1password.community/discussion/119033/turn-off-rich-icons

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hello @ugafta,

Thank you for your feedback. I confirm that the 1Password web app and the 1Password desktop application work independently from the 1Password in the browser and automatically retrieve rich icons from our cache servers. I already added another feature request to make this work globally across all 1Password apps. Please be patient and stay up to date with the latest version of 1Password. That is the best way to get all the fixes and features.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#1091

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member
    Options

@Nhat_Nguyen any progress?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Not yet @ugafta, sorry!

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

@Nhat_Nguyen any progress after 2 months?
    Anyway, could you please forward this request to the DevOps again?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ugafta, it doesn't look like there's been much movement for this feature request. However, we are happy to let our developers know that you've reached out about it again. While we can't promise when or if this will be implemented, we will do our best to share your feedback with the appropriate team.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

• scottbram
    scottbram
    Community Member
    Options

+10

The rich icons feature of the browser extension is throwing a 404 error in Chrome's Web Inspector Console for a site I work on and it's quite annoying while development to have it constantly polluting the view with no recourse aside from disabling the 1Password extension.

• Hi @scottbram:

Thanks for your additional feedback! I've added it to the note above internally.

In the meantime however, you can disable Rich Icons in 1Password in the browser: right click the 1Password icon in Chrome's toolbar > Settings > "Show app and website icons".

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-508

• scottbram
    scottbram
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P This is fantastic. Thank you!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@scottbram On behalf of Jack, you are welcome!

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P
    8 months later and still not resolved 😪

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ugafta, I'll let the team know you've reached out again about this feature request. We really can't make any promises but again we'll make sure the request gets in front of the dev team. We're always looking to improve and we appreciate your feedback.

This discussion has been closed.