Login created in the extension is not showing up in the main application

Kent Pavelka
Kent Pavelka
Community Member
edited April 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have 1Password on Mac, iPad & iPhone. I just added a new login using the key on the browser. It works. I can go to the key...call up the site & login successfully. However, I thought that the new login would also show up as a new login on the desktop app. It is not there. I swear I have added logins this way in the past and they all showed up in the desktop app. Can someone please help?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It sounds like the Helper is not connected. The Helper is an invisible background process that manages communication between the sandboxed browser extensions and the main 1Password application.

1. Do you have a red badge on the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar?
    2. What version of 1Password are you running?
    3. What version is your browser?
    4. What version is the 1Password extension in your browser?

Try selecting Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Helper from the menu bar in 1Password. Does that help? Does the Login you created in the extension show up in the main 1Password application then? What if you create another new Login in the extension, does it show up in the main app?

Please let me know. I'm sure we can get this resolved pretty quickly for you. :)

• Kent Pavelka
    Kent Pavelka
    Community Member

No red badge. Version 3.9.6 Using Chrome: 26.0.1410.43 Do not know how to see what version the extension is. Help-Troubleshooting-Restart helper does not add the login to the main app.

• Kent Pavelka
    Kent Pavelka
    Community Member

Also: the newly added login does not show up in the Safari extension

• Kent Pavelka
    Kent Pavelka
    Community Member

Once again...it took a reboot of the Mac for the problem to get fixed.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

If you were ever using 1Password 3.8 it's possible that the old 1PasswordAgent process was/is running on your system. I'm glad things are working well, but if you have any other trouble, please let me know if you see 1PasswordAgent listed as a running process in Activity Monitor (found in /Applications/Utilities) when the problem occurs.

If so, that is almost certainly the cause of the problem. Follow the steps in the "Unload 1PasswordAgent" section. If not, we'll probably need to get a Diagnostics Report from you. Skip ahead to the "Diagnostics Report" section.

Unload 1PasswordAgent

In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder… from the menu bar. Copy and paste the following path into the input box and then press Return:

~/Library/LaunchAgents 

Then move the ws.agile.1PasswordAgent.plist file you see there to the trash.

Once more, select Go > Go to Folder… from the menu bar. Copy and paste the following path into the input box and then press Return:

~/Library/Application Support/1Password

Then move the Agent folder you see there to the trash.

Once you have moved both of those items to the trash, restart your Mac.

When you Mac restarts, please open Activity Monitor (found in /Applications/Utilities) and search for "1Password". The "1Password Helper" process should be running, but "1PaswordAgent" should not be.

Could you confirm this for me and let me know if things are working better?

Diagnostics Report

To help us track down the issue more quickly, please send us a Diagnostics Report.

In 1Password 3.8, just select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report from the menu bar.

If you are using 1Password 3.9 (from the Mac App Store), you'll need to download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.