feature: reorder fields within a section

It looks like 1Password 8 currently does not have the ability to reorder fields within a section. It would be great to have that option.

As a workaround, I am able to reorder fields in iOS.

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 21H1

Comments

• This is one of the first regressions I noticed going from 1Password 7 to 8. Previously sections and items within a section could be reordered (ALT + Up Arrow / ALT + Down Arrow).

• ali.hazimeali.hazime

Team Member
    edited December 2021

Hey @MStyle and @ajh0912!

I can definitely see the advantage of having the ability to reorder fields in 1Password 8. We currently have an internal feature request open for this and I've added your comments there for our developers to see. Thanks!

ref: dev/core/core#5958

• What's the status on this feature?
    Until now, upgrading to 1Password 8 feels like a downgrade instead of an upgrade!

Fancy looks are not worth lacking features...

• jack.plattenjack.platten

Team Member

Hey @winklerrr:

Generally we don't share timelines or statuses ahead of time. I've added your voice to the issue my colleague Ali mentioned above. Thanks for your feedback on this.

Jack

• I will say I OFTEN used this feature of moving fields around in previous versions. I was quite dismayed to see moving fields go away in the current version. PLEASE bring the feature back! It makes it a real challenge to find information when the information is not presentable the way I need to see it.

• ali.hazimeali.hazime

Team Member

Hi @vonpadraig,

We appreciate your feedback. I understand the importance of having your information ordered in a way that works for you. I've also added your comment to the internal issue.

Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file