Always used keyboard shortcut no longer usable (1Password 8 Windows 10)

Options
atomm
atomm
Community Member
edited December 2021 in Windows

Hello Community,

I am from Germany and use a German keyboard on (macOS and) Windows 10. To make the 1Password extension open in the browser, I always used the keyboard shortcut CTRL+# (Mac CMD+#).
This does not work now on Windows (1Password V8), why not?
Also, 1Password does not use the German keyboard mapping, when I press CTRL+#, CTRL+\ appears.
I thought if I choose extra locale this would change, but no.
The behavior is reproducible.

Best regards,
atomm

1Password Version: Windows 8.4.1, MacOS 7.9.1
Extension Version: Windows 2.1.4, MacOS 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 10 & MacOS 10.15.7
Referrer: forum-search:shortcuts

Comments

• Hello @atomm, thank you for sharing this with us. We still have some work to do on the German keyboard implementation for 1Password 8, so what you are seeing here is (fortunately) something that our developers are already aware of. We'll work to straighten out this shortcut issue in your language, and apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime. Thank you for highlighting the issue for us!

ref: dev/core/core#7697

• passingmagic
    passingmagic
    Community Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

I am having trouble with the Ctrl+\ that I had so gotten used to. This used to be your logo at one time Cmd+. Now with Windows v8 where and how it can be used seems to have changed, and I can't find any clear explanation of where it is useable exactly.

But kudos on the Quick Access and its keyboard shortcuts!

• Hi @passingmagic , ctrl + \ is used to fill information from 1Password into browser fields. If you'd like a quick look at what current shortcuts are in place and what they do, you can go to ... > Settings > General for a current list of what shortcuts are set on your device.

Are you using a non-US keyboard layout, by any chance?

I hope this is helpful - let me know! 😃

• passingmagic
    passingmagic
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, I see. So I guess previously the Ctrl+\ was also mapped to Show 1Password, and now it is blank? Why this change? I know I can set it myself, but I expect App creators to give thought to keyboard mappings and make it consistent and not interfere with other standard shortcuts.

• Hi @passingmagic:

Ctrl+\ (or its equivalent Cmd+\ on macOS) has been the shortcut for fill in your browser for quite a while (as you mentioned!). By default, 1Password 8 doesn't map the Show 1Password keyboard shortcut, allowing you to pick your own shortcut as you see fit.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.