Bring back categories in 1Password 8 for Windows

Options

Hello,

I am using the 1Password for Windows 8.5.0 (80500034, on BETA channel) and I would like to see back categories in the sidebar. I am using only one vault (so I don't need vaults in the sidebar), and am aware that there is drop-down menu to select categories, but it is much more simpler for everyday use to have categories in the sidebar.

Maybe you can make the sidebar customizable, so users can choose what do they want to see.

P.S. On 1password.com website the categories are shown in the sidebar, so it would be great to have it on the Windows app as well.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• AdieB
    AdieB
    Community Member
    Options

Sadly also missing from the Mac app.

• Hello @pstefan , thanks for the feedback! I have added your (and @AdieB's ) request here to our existing discussion around the issue. We appreciate hearing from you about it!

ref: dev/core/core#9299

• Thanks for the feedback everyone. 🤗

We've been doing some experimentation on enabling categories to be added to the sidebar. Be sure to check out the exploring sidebar categories thread for details and add your thoughts and 👍🏻 if it's what you were hoping for.

Take care,

++dave;
    1Password Founder

• Hey @pstefan @AdieB : we've added an option to put your Categories in the sidebar in the latest Beta release. If you get a chance to try it, we'd love to have your impressions on this! Thanks for your requests and feedback so far - we do appreciate it.

This discussion has been closed.