Safari extension counting up

This discussion was created from comments split from: Firefox Extension Stuck in Count-Up.

Comments

• DrVolt
    DrVolt
    Community Member

I am having the sync count up problem in Safari 6.0.3
    I can no longer log in from my computer. I can log in from my Iphone 1Password that syncs with my MacBook Air's 1Password using DropBox.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi DrVolt,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. I split your post from the other thread since it was about a similar issue in Firefox, but you are using Safari.

The first thing I'd like for you to clarify is what you mean when you say you "can no longer log in from [your] computer". Are you able to unlock the main 1Password application? If you enter your master password does it unlock? Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about. I'm asking here about the main application and NOT the extension. We'll get to that in a moment. :)

• DrVolt
    DrVolt
    Community Member

Yes, I can unlock the Master Password.

I miss the joy of just clicking on one of the websites in my login list and then having the site open up with my login information filled in. Instead the site opens without login information filled in.

I miss being able to click on the Key button in my Safari Browser when I'm on a web sign in page and just being able to simply enter my master password, then bam - I'm logged in. Instead the sync count up begins....and never ends.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting me know. I'm glad you are able to access all of your data in the main 1Password application. It sounds like the issue is just with the Helper then. It should be pretty easy to fix. :)

Please try removing the 1Password extension from Safari by following the steps in the User Guide.

Then reinstall the Safari extension by carefully following the onscreen instructions on the download page.

Please let me know how it goes.

• DrVolt
    DrVolt
    Community Member

Yes it worked. I did have to follow a prompt to press command-option-q. Restarted Safari. And I reset Safari. Now it works like it used to. This is a life-enhancing application. Thank you AgileBits team for developing it. And thank you Khad for your assistance.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• halloweenhead
    halloweenhead
    Community Member

i tried uninstalling the extension and reinstalling it. i still see it say connecting and then it begins counting. i am using safari 7.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @halloweenhead,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with the Safari extension. Are you using 1Password 4 or 1Password 3 for Mac, or 1Password for Windows?

• rossbo
    rossbo
    Community Member

Had the same problem upgrading from v.3 to v.4 extension. I was trying to reinstall v.3 extension which somehow downloaded from site. My bad. Downloaded v.4 as suggested and all is working ok now.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rossbo,

Glad to hear that you're all sorted out! :)

This discussion has been closed.