Options
2»

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AShearer,

Thanks so much for the kind words - I'm so glad to hear that Khad was able to get things working for you! We're here if you run into any further snags. :)

• AShearer
    AShearer
    Community Member
    Options

Megan; Thank you and Khad. This was a learning experience for us all. I appreciate your hard work and the open business model that empowers you to move problems to somebody who may be more familiar etc.. It's great! I am actually having fun with 1Password, feel like I am protecting myself much better.

• tom_h
    tom_h
    Community Member
    Options

I was having this same problem, and manually removing the asterisks from my username in SSN-visible worked except in the case of the "open and fill". Meaning, when I open a blank tab, and select my entry for Fidelity from my saved logins, it goes to the correct web page, fills in the username/password (username has asterisks added to it), but then I get a login error. I tried several times all with the same result. When I would click on the "Login" link in the error page and then use the autofill, it would work correctly for me. The only way I got the "open and fill" to work was to go in to the entry for Fidelity and change the "submit" entry from "Submit when enabled" to "Never submit". However, I have become spoiled by the auto-submit feature, so I would prefer this to work the same as it does for other sites, if at all possible ... :)

I am using 1Password 4.1.2, FF 27.0.1, 1Password add-on 4.1.0 in FF, and Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9.2).
    Login url: https://login.fidelity.com/ftgw/Fas/Fidelity/RtlCust/Login/Init

NOTE: This only happened when using FF. I was able to use the "open and fill" with both Safari 7.0.2 (extension version 4.1.0) and Chrome 33.0.1750.117 (extension version 4.1.1.90).

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2014
    Options

Thanks for the update on this, @tom_h. Could you try the beta version of the 1Password extension and let me know if that helps in Firefox?

• tom_h
    tom_h
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for taking so long to respond ....

I just installed the beta (4.2.0.b13) in FF 27.0.1, and I can no longer auto-submit, even when "submit" is changed to "Always submit". In fact, I found that I can no longer auto-submit on other sites that used to work for me with this beta version. I uninstalled the beta and went back to 4.1.0, and was able to auto-submit on the sites that I no longer could when using the beta version.

While this beta sort of solved my problem I stated before, it unfortunately prevents all (that I tried, at least) auto-submits, which is a huge feature for me.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tom_h, since you are running the Mac App Store version of 1Password, please try installing this autosubmit script which should resolve the autosubmit trouble you had. It is helpful not only with the latest beta extension but also on some sites with the stable extension. We're always working to improve, but that script will always make autosubmit even better if you are running the Mac App Store version of 1Password.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• BobAgile
    BobAgile
    Community Member
    Options

I'm running v. 3.8.x Mac, and khad's replacement of bullets with actual username worked for me. thanks

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BobAgile, that's great news! Thanks for letting me know that did the trick for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.