Issues with Virgin America

fbessede
fbessede
Community Member
edited April 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hey,

I recently became a 1Password user and I was surprise to see the auto-fill not working properly on virginamerica.com.
I have found old threads mentioning the same issue and here is the latest one with an offered solution: http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/9921/trouble-logging-in-to-virginamerica-com

That didn't seem to work for me, as well as any other work-around I could try. Is this still an issue?

Thanks,
Flavien

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2013

The Virgin America site has always been a real problem. :(

I just tested and it seems to work using the Login item I created using the method I outlined in that thread to which you linked. (Don't try to say that ten times fast.) :)

There are some caveats, though.

1. It seem to only work on the site's login page (not the home page):

https://www.virginamerica.com/view-itinerary.html

2. The first fill only fills the username/email. You'll need to fill it twice to get the password filled. Using the keyboard shortcut that means pressing ⌘\ twice while viewing that URL.

3. Autosubmit doesn't seem to work.

It's been an uphill battle, but that seems to be where we're at right now. Please let me know if that helps. We'll take another look, but it seems like every time we try to fix it they "retaliate". (I don't mean to imply they are doing anything to intentionally thwart 1Password specifically, but they seem to code the site in a way that is hostile to automated form filling of the sort that 1Password does.)

• fbessede
    fbessede
    Community Member

Hi Khad,

You're right, the solution you mentioned before on that "View Itinerary" page indeed works. I guess that's a solution, obviously not the best.

Have you guys been in direct contact with Virgin to try to solve this issue? I'm guessing it affects a lot of people.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Indeed. It is not ideal. We'll keep working to see how we can improve, but it sure would be nice if Virgin America had a better coded site. :)

Of all the Login issues we see, this is on the more common end of the spectrum, but it isn't near the top of the list. Remember that they only fly to a pretty limited number of destinations. (That can be easy to forget when we live in those destinations.) Of course, the popularity is not really relevant. We want 1Password to work well on every site.

Thanks for following up on this.

This discussion has been closed.