No login possible

Options
Johann_Gruber
Johann_Gruber
Community Member
edited December 2021 in iOS

Dear Sir or Madam, I tried to log into 1Password 7 on the iPhone 8 today. Despite several attempts, it was not possible to log in via Touch ID or by manually entering the master password. I also deleted the app and downloaded it again from the app store. Each time the correct password is neither recognized by manual entry nor by copying, or it is labeled as incorrect. Logging in using Touch ID is also not offered. I would be very happy about any help. Greetings from Gruber Johann.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Johann_Gruber!

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your iOS device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Johann_Gruber
    Johann_Gruber
    Community Member
    Options

Dear Ms. ag_ana, thank you very much for your quick reply! The problem has now been resolved. Often it is not possible to log in using Touch ID and the master password is required. Why that's so, I do not know. This time I probably made a repeated mistake when entering the password (master password consists of several words). Greetings from Gruber Johann.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Johann_Gruber:

Often it is not possible to log in using Touch ID and the master password is required. Why that's so, I do not know.

There are several possible reasons for this. Quoting from our documentation page on Touch ID:

Sometimes you’ll need to enter your account password instead of using Touch ID:

• If your fingerprint isn’t recognized three times in a row
    • If you tapped Settings > Security > Lock Now
    • If you’re trying to change your account password
    • If you add or delete a fingerprint from your device
    • If Require Master Password is set to After Device Restart in Settings > Advanced > Security, and you’ve just restarted your device
    • If the amount of time in Settings > Advanced > Security > Require Master Password has elapsed
  • Johann_Gruber
    Johann_Gruber
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much!

Greetings from Gruber Johann.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.