Quick Access window jumps all over the place

I came back to give the 8.0 beta another shot, and this behaviour is driving me nuts. For some reason the Quick Access window position gets moved (especially after reboots) and I keep having to drag it into the middle of the screen. I don't see any way to anchor it or force it to always appear in the same position. Am I missing something, or is this the expected behaviour?

1Password Version: 8.5.0-68.NIGHTLY
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.2 dev seed

Comments

• neilioneilio Junior Member

For example, this is what I just got after logging out and back in again. The window was originally in the centre of the screen before I logged out. https://cln.sh/sEmu1dHvfD6Bx4frZzjs

• Yeah I noticed the same also: for me it was way at the bottom of the screen, partly outside.

• same here, it's off my screen right now

• Same here, also.It's way off the screen at the bottom!

• same exact position for me as well. i might be crazy but it fells like other windows push it further down the screen because it a random increment moving down the screen until it gets down to the bottom off screen.

• PeterG_1PPeterG_1P

Team Member
    edited January 14

Hello @neilio (and @kleerkoat @dickc @r22 👋), thanks for letting us know about this. I'd like to dig into the specifics a bit to see if we can understand what's driving this odd behavior.

Here's a couple questions for you:

• What OS are you currently running?
    • Are you using multiple monitors?
    • If you're on a Mac, are you using clamshell mode?

Hopefully this helps us narrow down the possibilities. I'll be happy to do what I can to track this one down for you!

ref: dev/core/core#10717
    ref: dev/core/core#12056

• neilioneilio Junior Member
    edited January 14

One machine is running 12.1 and the other is on the 12.2 developer seed. Both are single display (Mac Mini and Mac laptop). I should add that the Mini is a very clean install as I use it mostly for server-related stuff.

• PeterG_1PPeterG_1P

Team Member

Thank you @neilio. I've reported this to our developers so we can look into it further. Thanks for helping us do that!

• I'm running MacOS 12.1 on an iMac. Not using clamshell mode

• PeterG_1PPeterG_1P

Team Member

Thanks @dickc! We appreciate the specs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file