Changing password on Chrome website

tommy
tommy
Community Member
edited April 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

If I change a password on Safari I have a gearbox giving me the option to replace an existing password. I don't see this on Chrome. Am I missing something or is this a missing feature?

Thanks,

Tommy

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi Tommy,

Before I go too far, I want to be sure that you know that the "replace" option you see in the autosave bar in Safari will actually completely replace the Login item. This may not be what you are intending to do since normally when you are changing a Login's password you are viewing the password change page on the site which does not have a field for the username and is a different URL than the site's login page. If you choose the "replace" option at that point it will replace your existing Login item with the correct URL and username with the password change URL and no username (since there is not one on the page).

We are working to improve the workflow in the future, but for now I recommend following the steps in the User Guide:

Changing a Login's Password

Even the "replace" option is not available in Chrome, though, due to differences in extension APIs between Safari and Chrome (and Firefox too for that matter). This is all on our radar for the future, and I'm sorry I don't have a more satisfying answer at this precise moment, but please do keep an eye out for coming improvements. :)

If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member

Okay, thanks. I'll be on the lookout. Tommy

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.