Trouble with a specific intranet site

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Logins not being filled in Firefox.

Comments

• denibo
    denibo
    Community Member
    Options

similar for me. Still working for most sites, but one important (intranet) site does not work any longer. Just tried with Safari and it did work til I updated the 1PW extension to 3.9.12 (from 3.9.4).
    The site I am experiencing problems with is using a login within a frame.
    BTW - the beta does not help either

• denibo
    denibo
    Community Member
    Options

just installed the beta. no change, sorry. does not fill the form. no matter if I use the keyboard shortcut or the menu.
    even the "+" to add a new entry does not work.

• denibo
    denibo
    Community Member
    Options

good to know, how to do a complete re-install.
    the problem persists.
    just to make things clear: the problem site is using frames, not iframes.

• denibo
    denibo
    Community Member
    Options

for my part: no extension of that kind. and 1pw is still working fine for other sites. If you give me a URL for an older version of 1pw ext, I could test it (e.g. the 3.9.4 seemed to work well)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2013
    Options

Hey denibo, I just split your discussion from the other thread since I want to make sure you get the specific attention you deserve. It sounds like your issue is just with one specific site. Is that correct? The other thread is about the extension not working at all.

Does it make a difference if you access just the one page of the frame set that contains the login form rather than the whole frame set?

Does it make a difference if you disable "Animate filling" in Settings > Logins?

• denibo
    denibo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Khad, thanks for splitting the discussion.
    I was rather sure, I had a problem with these legacy frames, but I was wrong. Thanks for this idea. If I open the frame content in an extra tab or even a new Safari Window, the problem persists.
    Disabling the filling animation does not help either.
    Should I send you the 55 lines of html source code via personal mail? Though it is rather old and table-style, it just worked till one of the latest versions of 1pw.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry you are still having trouble. You can definitely send the HTML via email if the URL is not publicly accessible. If possible, please save the entire page as there may be some scripting or other shenanigans which are causing some trouble. :)

Please include a link to this thread when you email it to support@ agilebits .com

Thanks!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

To follow up on what Khad said, it will be helpful if you can send a .webarchive file from Safari rather than the raw HTML. If Javascript is making things weird, then the HTML alone won't tell the whole story.

This discussion has been closed.